It’s Spring Career Fair and Interview Season!
Are You Prepared?
Here are five tips from our expert recruiters on how to prepare for your success:
- Prepare an introduction about yourself. Introducing yourself with some information about where you are in your college career and what your interests are helps to break the ice and lets the employer know for which open positions you might be a fit.
- Learn about potential employers. Research to find out which employers match your interests. Visit their websites to find out what kind of work they do and what types of positions they have open. If you know someone who works for an employer you are interested in, ask them for their thoughts and advice.
- Dress professionally. Business professional is the norm for most career fairs and interviews. If you are unsure of what to wear to an interview, the recruiter for that employer should be able to give you some advice.
- Come with questions. This is your opportunity to learn everything you want to know about a potential employer and vice versa. Asking relevant questions about an employer or specific position helps the recruiter know you did your homework and that you are genuinely interested in their company. If you do not ask any questions, the interviewer may think you did not care enough to put forth the appropriate time and effort.
- Be prepared and be excited! A little preparation will give you confidence and allow you to be yourself.
FIND OPEN POSITIONS: Click here to apply.
We will be present during the following career fairs. Please stop by our booth to find out further information about the opportunities that await future Jones|Carter employees.
January 24th – 25th: Texas A&M University
February 1st: University of Texas
February 1st: University of Houston
February 2nd: Rice University
February 7th: Louisiana State University
February 14th: Texas Tech University
Interested in an internship or EIT position? Click to learn more.
To learn more about our scholarships and internships, click here.
To learn more about our interview process, click here.
If you have any questions about the Jones|Carter interviewing process or other career related questions, feel free to contact us at: email@example.com.