PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The qualified candidate will be responsible for effectively managing the Wastewater Department and all aspects of small, medium and large wastewater facility projects.
- Lead graduate engineers, EITs, and PEs over multiple projects throughout the state but primarily the Houston market.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within established budget parameters.
- Direct and oversee budget and design, provide QA/QC, track workload, invoice projects, lead client contact and oversee project status report reviews.
- Play a key-role in new business development which includes: establishing new business development relationships, following through on leads, preparing SOQ’s, maintaining and building existing client relationships, and preparing formal project proposals.
- Responsible for managing surface water treatment plant design, groundwater plant design, water well design, water plant rehabilitation and water well rehabilitation.
- Coordinate and manage water resources projects.
- Oversee the water plant inspection program.
- Assist in preparation, compilation, review and presentation of results of planning and engineering studies.
- Participate in hiring, training, mentoring and leadership for the department.
- Lead design efforts varying from conceptual to final.
- Review and evaluate products to be specific projects.
- Maintain relationships with regulatory agencies and monitor water regulations.
- Effectively convey work product and project results in technical documents, interviews, and oral presentations.
- Supervise CAD Tech and/or administrative staff regarding your project related responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ideal candidates will have a BS degree in civil engineering with a proven record of effective project management and PE registration.
- At least 10 years’ experience in water plant design and engineering serving in increasingly complex positions, acquiring, performing and managing water resources-related projects.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills. Work assignments will include writing reports to explain procedures and results of work performed; therefore, it is extremely important that the candidate have outstanding writing skills.
- Must exhibit strong project management and leadership skills.
- Strong speaking skills as the position will require presentations to clients, participation in public meetings as well as in proposal interviews.
- Demonstrated experience leading a multi-disciplinary team in developing conceptual, feasibility, and final designs for a wide variety of hydraulic and water resources engineering projects.
- Ability to identify work priorities and functions with very little supervision.
- Professional attitude and appearance and ability to communicate with all levels of management is required.
We offer a stimulating opportunity to expand your horizons in a full-time, direct hire position that includes excellent benefits, such as employer paid health, life and AD&D insurance. We also offer a cafeteria plan, dental and short term plans, vacation/sick time, paid holidays and a 401(k) profit sharing plan.
Please submit your resume along with salary history/requirements, confidentially to email@example.com and reference #1255 in the subject line of your email. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
JCI appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.