WATER PLANT PROJECT MANAGER
Purpose of Position
Key responsibilities will include: assessing the quality and quantity of both surface and groundwater sources for municipal and private water supply systems; evaluating condition, performance and capacity of existing water treatment systems; performing studies for new and upgraded facilities; modeling of water distribution systems; and planning, designing and overseeing construction of water treatment and storage facilities, and distribution systems; scheduling of projects and maintaining project budgets; and mentoring staff.
- Primarily responsible for managing surface water treatment plant design, groundwater plant design, water well design, water plant rehabilitation and water well rehabilitation
- Coordinate and manage water resources projects.
- Client development and marketing.
- Provide leadership/mentoring to engineers.
- Assist in preparation, compilation, review and presentation of results of planning and engineering studies.
- Effectively convey proposed work efforts and project results in technical documents, interviews, and oral presentations.
- The candidate will also be required to lead design efforts varying from conceptual to final.
- Additional responsibility will be to supervise CAD Tech and/or administrative staff regarding your project related responsibilities.
- Ideal candidates will have a BS degree in engineering with a proven record of effective project management and PE registration or the ability to obtain PE registration is required.
- At least 4 years experience in water resources engineering serving in increasingly complex positions, acquiring, performing and managing water resources-related projects.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills. Work assignments will include writing reports to explain procedures and results of work performed; therefore, it is extremely important that the candidate have good writing skills.
- Must exhibit strong project management and leadership skills.
- The candidate must also have strong speaking skills as the position will require presentations to clients, participation in public meetings as well as in proposal interviews.
- The ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team in developing conceptual, feasibility, and final designs for a wide variety of hydraulic and water resources engineering projects.
- Ability to identify work priorities and functions with very little supervision.
- Professional attitude and appearance and ability to communicate with all levels of management is required.
- This is a full-time direct hire position that includes a comprehensive benefits package, vacation/sick time and a 401(k) profit sharing plan.